view large photo
Swipe Photo to View More
OptiMATE 5 Voltmatic 6v & 12v 2.8 Amp 8-Step Smart Charger
OR Simple-Click Checkout
Product InformationStore Part Number: TM-223
The OptiMate 5 VoltMatic TM-223 can SAVE & CHARGE all 6 V & 12 V lead-acid batteries. Simply connect the charger to the battery, the VoltMatic micro-processor automatically makes the correct charge voltage selection for a 6 V battery in any condition or healthy* 12 V battery and then proceeds to charging. Charge current is regulated according to connected battery size and condition. Leave connected for unsupervised months-long maintenance charging; OptiMate senses the battery condition, delivers charge when needed to keep battery at 100%.
* Manual over-ride for very low voltage 12V batteries is available.
- Automatic 6 V or 12 V selection for a healthy battery (according to battery voltage) with manual override for a dead flat 12 V battery.
- Saves low voltage sulfated batteries. Starts Charging from 1 V.
- Constant current BULK & PULSE ABSORPTION charge mode.
- Battery is ready to use. Leave connected for unsupervised months-long maintenance charging; OptiMate senses the battery condition, delivers charge when needed to keep battery at 100%.
- Warns of battery problems e.g. battery could not accept any charger or cannot retain sufficient voltage after disconnected.
- Totally safe for vehicle electronics.
- Spark free hookup.
- Automatic shut-down when battery is disconnected.
- Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -4° F / -20° C).
- Ideal for STD, AGM & GEL 6 & 12 V batteries from 8–120 Ah (up to 192 Ah for 6 V).
- Global Input (100–240 V 50–60 Hz), high efficiency (CEC listed), fully sealed.
- Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ftAC supply lead and 6ft charge lead ending in SAE connector. Weatherproof battery lead & standard battery clip set
- 3 Year Warranty
FREE USPS PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPING - 50 United States Only
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.75 in
- Weight: 1.34 lb
- Shipping Weight: 3.0 lb
- AC Input Voltage: 100–240 V
- AC Input Frequency: 50–60 Hz
- AC Input Amps: 0.90 A @ 100 VAC / 0.40 A @ 240 VAC
- Power Useage (no battery connected): 0.0089 kWh / day
- DC Output Amps: 2.8 A (12 V) / 4.0 A (6 V)
- DC Nominal Voltage: 6 V / 12 V
- DC Bulk Charge: 7.1–7.25 V (6 V) / 14.2–14.5 V (12 V)
- DC Absorption & Equalisation Charge: 7.1–7.25 V (6 V) / 14.2–14.5 V (12 V)
- Model: TM-223
- Manufacturer: Optimate
- DC Float Voltage: 6.8 V (6 V) / 13.6 V (12 V) alternating w/ 30 minute rest
- Reverse Drain Current: less than 0.5 mA
- Charge Time Limit: 72 Hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
- Maintain / Test Cycles: 30 min / 30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge Retention Test: GOOD (green) = battery voltage > 12.4 V
- Enclosure Type: IP54 Fully Sealed
- Input Cable Length: 6 ft
- Output Cable Length: 6 ft
- Operating Temperature Range: -20° C–40° C / -4° F–104° F
- Ratings / approvals : Safety, EMC, Energy Efficiency, enclosure seal rating: IP54, CE, NRTL (UL & CSA), SAA (AU & NZ), approved by TUV Sud. BC (California Energy Compliant)
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Manufacturer Part #: TM-223
- Made In: Asia