view large photo
Swipe Photo to View More
NOCO Genius 12v 10 Amp Marine On-Board Battery Charger
Sale Price: $129.95
Product InformationStore Part Number: GEN1
The NOCO Genius GEN1 is a 12v 10-Amp waterproof marine smart charger and maintainer. The 12v 10 Amp output is capable of charging a 12v battery or battery bank up to 230 AH. The charger features a waterproof IP68 housing, is shock and vibration resistant, and safely monitors the batteries for fast and efficient charging.
The NOCO GEN1 is safe for Flooded, EFB, GEL, AGM, and Maintenance Free batteries. The charger safely charges and maintains batteries providing a finishing charge every 24hrs without overcharging batteries.
The GEN1 features a low voltage recovery mode that detects batteries as low as 2 volts and will attempt to recover excessively discharged or sulfated batteries. The GEN Series chargers feature reverse polarity, sparks, over-charging, overcurrent, and open-circuits and overheating protections.
- Charges starter and deep-cycle batteries up to 230Ah.
- 100% completely sealed and waterproof design rated at IP68.
- Spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- Provides full-charge output even with low-line voltages.
- Recovery Mode attempts to recover deeply discharged battery as low as 2 volts.
- Saltwater-tested to combat corrosion.
- Safe for Wet, GEL, MF, & AGM Batteries!
- Ignition Protection and meets USCG-33 CFR 183.410 requirements.
- 5-Year Warranty
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 10.2 x 9.2 x 5.8 in
- Weight: 7.45 lb
- Shipping Weight: 9 lb
- DC Output Amps: 10 A
- DC Output Voltage: 12 V
- Output Voltage Charging: 14.4 VDC
- Back Current Drain: < 1 mAh
- Absorption Voltage: 14.4 V
- Maximum AC Current @ 108 VAC: 1.5 A
- Maximum AC Current @ 90 VAC: 1.5 A
- AC Input Volts: 120 VAC
- AC Input Volts Freq.: 50-60 Hz
- AC Input Volts Range: 70-130 VAC
- Max Inrush Current, Single Cycle: 2.0 Max
- Float Current: 1000 mA
- Model: Gen1
- Manufacturer: NOCO
- Float Voltage: 13.5 typical
- Typical Efficiency: 87%
- Maximum Power Output, Continuous: 95 W
- Maximum Power (+/- 3%) @ 25° C: 100 W
- Maximum Output Amps Single Surge: 10.5 A
- Maximum Input Current: 1.5 A
- Working Temperature: 0° to 50° C
- Storage Temperature: -20° to +60° C
- Over Temperature: Auto overtemp foldback
- Ripple and Noise: 50mA at 30 kHz
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate, sealed and potted
- Output Banks: 1
- Recommended Use: marine, outdoor harsh environments
- Regulatory Approval: ISO8846, USCG 33CFR1830-410, FCC part 15
- Manufacturer Part #: GEN1
- Made In: China
Reviews and Ratings
The 2012 (rated at 2 Ampere) has spent several hours in ABSORPTION mode on a flooded lead-acid battery which I charged just a day or two ago with the Genius; the temperature here is about 50 F.
It is nice to have a waterproof 10 Ampere charger (the NOCO) which can be used safely on a tractor battery out in the rain and cold, but NOCO really ought to include temperature compensation, even if it increases the price a bit.