The Interacter PS series charger utilizes a patented “3 Stage Plus” technology to interact with the battery and provide exactly the right amount of charge. “3 Stage Plus” charging technology eliminates undercharging, overcharging, or damage to the battery, and is completely safe. The internal “battery type DIP switch” can be field set for use with true Gel-Cell, (AGM) Absorbed Electrolyte, or Liquid Electrolyte battery types.
Microprocessor circuitry with a patented program in EPROM, controls four separate charging stages:
- FIRST: A constant current bulk charge is applied to achieve the fastest possible return of energy to the battery.
- SECOND: This constant voltage stage is proportionally timed and temperature compensated, minimizing electrolyte breakdown and gas emission.
- THIRD: The final standby float charge stage will replace standing losses and keep the battery in a fully charged state & “Ready”.
- PLUS: As soon as the battery is connected, a desulfation circuit encourages the breakdown of large sulfate crystals which can develop during prolonged periods of deep discharge.
A low voltage start circuit which will recharge overly discharged batteries from as low as 400 milli-volts.
Incorporated in the PS is a sample and hold circuit which eliminates voltage sensing errors and prevents parasitic discharge during A.C. power loss.
Electronic short circuit and reverse polarity shutdown, without blowing fuses. This is an exceptional safety feature.
The built in electronic timer monitors the time taken from the start of charge until the battery voltage reaches the first preset voltage limit. The time duration for the second stage is automatically calculated in proportion to the time taken for the first stage. This feature is specifically designed to optimize charging on a wide range of battery types, ages and sizes.
A customer preferred LED Amp gauge indicates the current output without the use of fragile meters or energy loss. A green ready indicator shows positively that the battery is ready for use or will flash if there is an override timeout.
Recommended for 24 volt battery systems in the 20 to 120 amp hour range. This charger can be used for both bulk charging and long term stand-by maintenance.* Flat Rate shipping is for the lower 48 states only.
- Made in the United States
- Electronic Current Limit Protection
- Unique Desulfation Circuit
- Short Circuit Shutdown
- Phase Angle Control
- Voltage Limited
- Provides DC Power While Charging
- Low Voltage Start
- Powder Coated Finish
- Modular Construction
- Digital Microprocessor Control
- External Temperature Compensation
- Three Stage Plus Control
- Customer Preferred LED Amp Meter
- Safety Override Timer
- Green ready Lamp / Fault indicator
- Timed C.V. Stage / 80% Returned
- Fully Automatic Operation
- Proportional Timing
- Battery Type Switch
- Optimal 3 Step Charging
- Spark Free Hook Up
- Demand Sensing
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Over Voltage Protected
- Short Circuit Protection
- Overload Protection
- Line Regulation
- Temperature Compensation
- 1 Year Warranty