view large photo
Swipe Photo to View More
Soneil 24v 12 Amp Constant Current World Smart Charger 2424SR04
OR Simple-Click Checkout
Product InformationStore Part Number: 2424SR04
The Soneil 24v 12 Amp 2424SR04 charger is a fully automatic high frequency switch mode 4–stage battery charger with Battery desulfating mode, constant current, constant voltage and float voltage. It comes with a 100 - 240VAC input. The charger is double insulated (no AC connection to ground). The Soniel 2424SR04 charger can charge any gel, glass-matt (AGM), sealed, flooded lead acid batteries, and is ideal 24v battery packs up to 240 AH.
The Soniel 2424SR04 comes with a yellow inhibit wire often required for applications such as floor scrubbers, boom lifts, scissor lifts, and other mobile industrial equipment to prevent the equipment from moving while charging. The inhibit wire can be disgarded if your application does not require this feature.
Protection provided: Reverse Polarity, Short Circuit, Over-Voltage, Over Current and AC Surge. Soft Start and Stop; Starts and stops gradually. No sudden in-rush of current. This protects both the batteries and any other circuits connected to the charger.
Soneil’s Battery Charger transforms the 115/230 VAC into 24 VDC at about 100,000 Hz (3333 times faster than conventional charger), which requires a much smaller transformer and therefore results in a unit of smaller size, low weight and improved efficiency. The 2424SR04 uses sophisticated electronic circuitry with microchips. All present day computers use switch-mode technology.
Stage 1: Deep Discharge Charging Pulse Mode
The Charger starts charging at 0.5V and give pulse current up to 5V. This has effect of removing loose sulphation formed during deep discharge state of the battery.
Stage 2: Constant Current Mode (CC)
The charger changes to constant current 4.0A. When the battery voltage reaches up to 28.8V, the charging stage changes from (CC) Constant Current to CV (Constant Voltage) mode.
Stage 3: Constant Voltage Mode (CV)
The charger holds the battery at 28.8V and the current slowly reduces. The moment the current reaches 0.5 C (C= Battery Capacity), is called the Switching Point. The Switching Point is one of the great features of this battery charger that it can adjust the current automatically according to the battery capacity. Other chargers without microprocessors are not capable to adjust the current automatically.
Stage 4: Standby Voltage Mode
The charger maintains the battery voltage at 27.6V and current slowly reduces to zero. Charger can be left connected indefinitely without harming the battery.
If the battery voltage drops to 27.6V, the charger changes from any mode to Constant Current mode and restart charging. The charging cycle will go through Stage 2 to Stage 4.
This charger typically ships without output connectors, allowing the customer to adapt the charger to their specific needs.
- Totally Automatic Switch-Mode Battery Charger
- Inhibit wire for mobile application such as floor scrubbers and industrial equipment
- Suitable for Gel, Sealed (AGM) and Wet Lead Acid Batteries
- Suitable for use anywhere in the world.
- Dual Voltage-Switch selectable 115/230VAC 47 to 62Hz
- Automatic Cut Off and then True Float. Can be left connected indefinitely without harming the battery.
- Two color LED to indicate charge status
- Mean Time between failures 30,000 hours
- Zero Current Drain when AC power is off
- Very low start voltage 0.5
- Fan cooled circuitry
- Temperature Compensation above 75 °F
- Optimal 3 Step Charging
- Built-in Mode Indicators
- Demand Sensing
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Over Voltage Protected
- Short Circuit Protection
- Overload Protection
- Line Regulation
- Thermal Protection
- 1 year Warranty
*Flat Rate shipping is for the lower 48 states only.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 8.62 x 4.19 x 2.25 in
- Weight: 3.3 lb.
- Shipping Weight: 4.0 lb
- Max Current, During Bulk Charge: 12 A
- Absorption Voltage: 28.8 V
- AC Input Volts: 100-240 VAC
- Model: 2424SR04
- Manufacturer: Soneil
- AC Input Volts Freq.: 50/60 Hz
- Float Voltage: 27.6 V
- Output Banks: 1
- Regulatory Approval: UL, cUL, BFP, CE, RoHS, EMC, LVD
- Warranty: 1 year
- Manufacturer Part #: 2424SR04
- Made In: China