view large photo
Swipe Photo to View More
Soneil 36v 8 Amp Constant Current World Smart Charger Son3616SR
OR Simple-Click Checkout
Product InformationStore Part Number: SON3616SR
Soneil’s Battery Charger transforms the 115/230 VAC into 36 VDC at about 100,000 Hz (3333 times faster than conventional charger), which requires a much smaller transformer and this results in a unit of smaller size, low weight and improved efficiency. The 3616SR02 uses sophisticated electronic circuitry with microchips. All present day computers use switch-mode technology. #SON3616SR02
Multi Stage charging cycle
Stage 1: Deep Discharge Charging Pulse Mode
The Charger starts charging at 0.5V and give pulse current up to 5V. This has effect of removing loose sulphation formed during deep discharge state of the battery.
Stage 2: Constant Current Mode (CC)
The charger changes to constant current 8 Amps. When the battery voltage reaches up to 43.2V, the charging stage changes from (CC) Constant Current to CV (Constant Voltage) mode.
Stage 3: Constant Voltage Mode (CV)
The charger holds the battery at 43.2V and the current slowly reduces. When the current reaches 0.5 C (C= Battery Capacity), it is called the Switching Point. The Switching Point is one of the great features of this battery charger that it can adjust the current automatically according to the battery capacity. Other chargers without microprocessors are not capable of adjusting the current automatically.
Stage 4: Standby Voltage Mode
The charger maintains the battery voltage at 41.4V and current slowly reduces to zero. This charger can be left connected indefinitely without harming the battery.
This charger ships with 3 prong XLR connector, which fits many scooters and mobility applications. XLR connector looks like a microphone jack. Please view picture for more details.
- No sudden in-rush of current. This protects both the batteries and any other circuits connected to the charger.
- Totally Automatic Switch-Mode Battery Charger
- Sealed (AGM & Gel) and Wet Lead Acid Batteries
- Suitable for use anywhere in the World.
- Dual Voltage-Switch selectable 115/230 VAC 47 to 62 HZ
- Automatic Cut Off and then True Float. Can be left connected indefinitely without harming the battery.
- Two LED's to indicate charge status
- CE Listed & Meets European EMC Directive
- Mean Time between failures 30,000 hours
- Zero Current Drain when AC power is off
- Very low start voltage 0.5
- Fan cooled circuitry
- Mounting tabs for onboard installations
- Optimal 3 Step Charging
- Built-in Mode Indicators
- Demand Sensing
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Over Voltage Protected
- Short Circuit Protection
- Overload Protection
- Line Regulation
- Thermal Protection
- 1 year Warranty
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 8.5 . x 4.2 x 2.3 in
- Weight: 1.7 lb
- Shipping Weight: 4.0 lb
- Absorption Voltage: 43.2 V
- AC Input Amps: 5(110 VAC) 2.5(230 VAC)
- AC Input Volts: 115/230 V
- AC Input Volts Freq.: 47/63 Hz
- Model: 3616SR02
- Manufacturer: Soneil
- AC Input Volts Range: 90–264 V
- Float Current: Variable
- Float Voltage: 41.4 V
- Output Banks: 1
- Warranty: 1 year
- Recommended Use: Indoor use only
- Regulatory Approval: ROHS, CE, Meets European EMC Directive
- Manufacturer Part #: SON3616SR