The Victron Energy Orion-TR 12|12 is a 12v 30 Amp 360-Watt Smart Isolated DC to DC Charger. The Orion-TR can be used as a power-supply or battery charger. The unit features Bluetooth capabilities allowing you to configure the unit using the VictronConnect app.
When configured in charge mode the three-stage charging profile will properly charge the battery in a controlled manner. Controlled charging is very important when trying to charge a battery using a smart alternator, or with drops in voltage due to long cable runs.
In Power-supply Mode Orion-TR 12|12 30-amp units provides a fixed output voltage regardless of applied load. As long as the input voltage is within the units specified range it will continue to provide a stable output voltage.
The Orion-TR isolates the starting battery and the service battery. It can be setup to only charge the battery when the vehicle is on thanks to the built-in engine shutdown detection. This feature makes it compatible with smart alternators as it will prevents the onboard voltage of the vehicle from becoming too low when the smart alternator shuts down.
The Victron Orion-TR is compatible with lead acid and lithium batteries. For lead acid batteries the initial absorption time is kept short to prevent overcharging. The charger is adaptive and will automatically increase the time when it notices the batteries have been deeply discharged. For lithium batteries the Orion-TR offers a fixed absorption time with the default being 2 hours but can be customized using the Victron Connect app.
- Bluetooth Smart enabled - Allows you to monitor and change the units settings.
- Fully Programmable - Unit can be setup to charge or operate in fixed ouput mode.
- Engine Running Detection - Unit is compatible with Smart Alternators (Euro 5 and Euro 6 Engines)
- Remote ON-OFF - A remote on/off switch or relay contact can be connected to a two-pole connector.
- All models are short circuit proof and can be paralleled to increase output current.
- IP43 Rated (Protected from water spray less than 60 degrees from vertical) - When installed with the screw terminals oriented downwards.
- 1 year warranty