view large photo
Swipe Photo to View More
Samlex 12/24 Volt 40 Amp Battery Guard BG-40
Sale Price: $77.95
OR Simple-Click Checkout
Product InformationStore Part Number: BG-40
The universal programmable Battery Guard (BG) prevents the excessive discharge of the battery (which would damage the battery) and protects electronic appliances against overvoltage. The BG40 battery guard has an “Automatic Board System Detection”; the BG automatically detects the battery voltage (12 or 24V). The BG40 battery guard is capable of carrying 40A continuous load and 45A transient load. There is a choice out of 10 on/off threshold voltage programs, for both 12V and 24V battery systems, which can be easily programmed.
The new Battery Guard BG40/60/200 (hereafter called BG) is an intelligent and watertight. Pair the Battery Guard with accessory connections to accommodate a ON/OFF switch, Alarm buzzer or relay and our Current Watch current sensor (not included).
The unit has two bolts as connection for the “Input+” and the “Output+” to guarantee low
losses. Other connections, like the minus and the accessories, are made by a 4-pole 6.3mm faston connector. A blue LED shows the status (ON/OFF). In program-mode it shows the program position.
There is a choice out of 10 on/off threshold voltage programs, for both 12V and 24V Battery Systems, which can be easily programmed. The BG uses very little current. In the OFF mode or when in under voltage the BG uses just 2mA or less.
- Fully programmable
- The BG battery guard is microprocessor controlled and can be programmed to engage/
- disengage at ten different voltage levels for both 12 & 24V Battery Systems.
- Overvoltage protection: To prevent damage to your sensitive loads due too overvoltage, the load is disconnected whenever the DC-voltage exceeds 16V or 32V.
- Ignition proof: The unit has no relay but MOSFET switches, and therefore no sparks.
- Alarm output:The alarm output is activated if the battery drops below the preset disconnect level for more than 12 seconds. Starting the engine, genset or batterycharger will therefore not activate the alarm. The alarm output is an open collector output to the negative (minus) rail (max.current 500mA). The alarm can typically be used to activate a buzzer and/or lamp.
- Load disconnect: Only 1 minute after the alarm has been activated the load will be disconnected, but if the battery voltage increases to the connect threshold within this minute (after the engine, genset or batterycharger has been started for example) the load will not be disconnected.
Prevents excessive discharge of batteries. Ideal for:
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 3.2 x 2.4 x 1.6 in
- Weight: .5 lb
- Model: BG-40
- Manufacturer: Samlex
- Shipping Weight (lb.): 1
- DC Output Voltage (No Load) approx.: adjustable 12-24v
- Manufacturer Part #: BG-40
- Made In: The Netherlands