The Samlex BG-60 is a universal programmable Battery Guard that prevents excessive discharge of the battery and protects electronic appliances against overvoltage. The BG60 battery guard has an “Automatic Board System Detection” that automatically detects the battery voltage. The BG-60 can be configured for 12v and 24v battery packs.
The battery guard is capable of carrying 60A continuous load and 65A transient load. There is a choice of 10 on/off threshold voltage programs for both 12V and 24V battery systems, which can be easily programmed. The BG uses very little current. In the OFF mode or when in under voltage the BG uses just 2mA or less.
The new Battery Guard is an intelligent and watertight. It can paired with additional accessory connections to accommodate a ON/OFF switch, Alarm buzzer or relay and our Current Watch current sensor (not included).
The unit has two bolts as connection for the “Input+” and the “Output+” to guarantee low losses. Other connections, like the minus and the accessories, are made by a 4-pole 6.3mm faston connector. A blue LED shows the status (ON/OFF). In program-mode it shows the program position.Prevents excessive discharge of batteries. Ideal for:
- Fully programmable
- The BG battery guard is microprocessor controlled and can be programmed to engage/
- disengage at ten different voltage levels for both 12 & 24V Battery Systems.
- Overvoltage protection: To prevent damage to your sensitive loads due too overvoltage, the load is disconnected whenever the DC-voltage exceeds 16V or 32V.
- Ignition proof: The unit has no relay but MOSFET switches, and therefore no sparks.
- Alarm output:The alarm output is activated if the battery drops below the preset disconnect level for more than 12 seconds. Starting the engine, genset or batterycharger will therefore not activate the alarm. The alarm output is an open collector output to the negative (minus) rail (max.current 500mA). The alarm can typically be used to activate a buzzer and/or lamp.
- Load disconnect: Only 1 minute after the alarm has been activated the load will be disconnected, but if the battery voltage increases to the connect threshold within this minute (after the engine, genset or batterycharger has been started for example) the load will not be disconnected.