view large photo
Swipe Photo to View More
Samlex EVOLUTION Series 12v 3000 Watt Pure Sine Inverter/Charger - EVO-3012
Sale Price: $1,324.95
OR Simple-Click Checkout
Product InformationStore Part Number: EVO-3012
Converts 12VDC to 120 VAC, ± 5%
The EVO-3012 is a 3000 Watt Pure Sine inverter with up to a 9000 Watt Surge Rating, 12 VDC input, 120 VAC output, 50/60 Hz. It intelligently integrates a 130 Amp 4 stage Battery Charger and a 70 Amp Transfer Relay into an advanced and affordable off-grid power solution.
The Samlex EVOLUTION Series is a Pure sine wave inverter, adaptive battery charger, transfer relay – All in ONE unit. Samlex Evolution Series inverter/chargers provide reliable AC power wherever it’s needed. For use with boats, RVs, cabins and specialty vehicles, as well as alternative energy, back-up and emergency power applications.
Using state-of-the-art technology, the Samlex EVO inverter/charger operates at 165 million instructions per second with lightening fast load & response times, has 9 points of physical protection monitoring (being scanned up to 10,000 times per second) to detect fault conditions & protect itself in a vast range of adverse environments.
We highly recommend the use of Pure Sine Wave Inverters to power Computers and related peripheral devices; i.e. printers, optical drives, laser copiers, and if in doubt check with the manufacturer of your equipment.
Other devices that benefit when Pure Sine Wave power is used are variable speed control motors using solid state circuitry, Audio Amplifiers, Digital Clocks and Radios, Medical Equipment, Microwaves, etc.
- Two Separate AC Inputs for Grid & Generator -Connect grid and generator simultaneously. Priority is given to grid. Both AC input ranges are fully programmable. Generator input is specifically designed to have more tolerance for wave form distortion.
- Adaptive Battery Charger - Algorithm monitoring in the Bulk Stage assesses the battery’s condition. The remaining charging stages are based on the battery’s condition rather than a pre-set charging time. Reduces excess charging time and extends life of battery.
- Synchronized Transfer at Zero Crossing - Zero transfer time when switching from inverter to grid. When grid comes on, the inverter synchronizes with the wave form and then transfers instantly at zero crossing without any interruption to the load.
- High Surge Inverter with Active Power Boost - In addition to 3X surge on start up, inverter loads can exceed the continuous power output by the Power Boost
- Allowances without triggering an overload fault. Get 140% for 30 seconds or 120% for five minutes! Use a smaller, more cost effective inverter to handle heavy surge loads.
- Input for Solar Charge Controller - Connect a solar charge controller directly to the EVOTM through the Battery Charger External DC Input (Solar Input).
- Online Mode - Use to prioritize batteries/inverter over the grid. Ideal for those who want to operate primarily on solar power even when grid is available (when grid is costly). In Online Mode, grid is only used as back-up power when batteries necessitate charge.
- Bullet Proof Intelligence - 9 physical points of protection monitoring are scanned up to 10,000 times per second to detect adverse internal and external conditions. When detected the unit will initiate a healthy shutdown before any damage can be done, making the EVOTM practically indestructible in the field.
- Wide Operating - Temperature Range Will operate below zero! -20˚C to +60˚C, -4˚F to 140˚F.
- Temperature Controlled Cooling - 2 internal fans are speed controlled based on 5 different temperature sensors. Reduces unnecessary fan noise and energy consumption by cooling only where and when needed.
- Conformally Coated Circuit Board - Dampens vibration, protects from corrosion in high humidity environments or marine salt air.
- Safety Certified - ETL safety listed to stringent UL standards: 1741, 458 (with Marine Supplement), and to CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01. EMI/EMC compliant with FCC Part 15(B), Class B and RoHS Compliant.
- Warranty - 2 Year Limited Warranty
PLEASE NOTE: Many electrical devices require a good deal more Watts to start or energize than is required run once started. For instance an electric motor may require only 900 watts to run but need may 2300 watts to start. Please check with the manufacturer of your equipment to obtain minimum watts for starting operation of the equipment or device.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.77 x 12.79 x 8.15 in
- Weight: 64 lb
- Shipping Weight: 73 lb
- Inverter: :
- NOMINAL AC OUTPUT, FREQUENCY, THD: 120 ± 5% VAC, 50/60 Hz ± 0.1 Selectable, < 5% THD
- INPUT BATTERY VOLTAGE RANGE: >9 - 17 VDC
- CONTINUOUS POWER OUTPUT AT 25° C: 3000 VA
- CONTINUOUS AC OUTPUT CURRENT (A): 25A
- SURGE POWER FOR 1 MS: 300% (9000VA, 75A)
- SURGE POWER FOR 100 MS: 200% (6000VA, 50A)
- POWER BOOST FOR 5 SECONDS: 150% (4500W)
- POWER BOOST FOR 30 SECONDS: 140% (4200W)
- POWER BOOST FOR 5 MINUTES: 120% (3600W)
- POWER BOOST FOR 30 MINUTES: 110% (3300W)
- MAXIMUM CONTINUOUS DC INPUT CURRENT: 373A
- INVERTER EFFICIENCY (PEAK): 90%
- NO LOAD POWER CONSUMPTION: Normal Mode: 30W; Power Save Mode: <8W
- AC INPUT: :
- AC INPUT FROM GRID/GENERATOR: 120 VAC Nominal (60 - 140 VAC, 40 - 70 Hz Selectable)
- PROGRAMMABLE AC INPUT CURRENT: 5-70A (Default 30A)
- TRANSFER RELAY: :
- Model: EVO-3012
- Manufacturer: Samlex
- TRANSFER RELAY TYPE AND CAPACITY: DPDT, 70A (2X35A contacts)
- TRANSFER TIME: INVERTER TO GRID/GENERATOR: < 1 ms (Synchronized Transfer at Zero Crossing)
- TRANSFER TIME: GRID/GENERATOR TO INVERTER: Up to 16 ms (Synchronized Transfer)
- INTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER: :
- AC INPUT VOLTAGE RANGE: 120 VAC Nominal (60 - 140 VAC, 40 - 70 Hz Selectable)
- MAXIMUM AC INPUT CURRENT: 20 Amps, AC
- MAXIMUM DC OUTPUT CURRENT: 130 Amps, DC
- POWER FACTOR: > 0.95
- CHARGER EFFICIENCY: 75%
- CHARGING STAGES: Adaptive Charging Control; Normal Mode: 3 Stages – Bulk, Absorption, Float; Equalization Mode: 4 Stages – Bulk, Absorption, Equalization, Float
- BATTERY TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION: Battery Temperature Sensor included. Compensation Range from -20°C to + 60°C
- BATTERY CHARGER EXTERNAL INPUT (SOLAR INPUT): :
- CHARGING INPUT VOLTAGE RANGE: 13 - 15VDC
- MAXIMUM CHARGING CURRENT: 50A
- COOLING: 2 Fans – Temperature Controlled, Variable Speed
- PROTECTIONS/ALARM: Input Over Current, Output Overload, Short Circuit, Over Temperature, Battery Low Voltage /Over Voltage Immunity Against Conducted Electrical Transients in Vehicles
- COMPLIANCE: SAFETY/EMI/EMC: ETL listed to UL standards: 1741, 458 (with Marine Supplement), and to CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01. EMI/EMC compliant with FCC Part 15(B), Class B and RoHS compliant.
- TEMPERATURE: OPERATING: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to 140°F); STORAGE: -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- OPERATING HUMIDITY: 0 to 95% RH non condensing
- Warranty: 2-Year
- Manufacturer Part #: EVO-3012