The Samlex America EVO-4248SP is a 48v 4200-Watt 120/240 VAC Split Phase Inverter Charger. The EVO-4248SP meets the needs of the most off-grid application by utilizing solar and/or generator energy to power the internal charger. When Grid power is available, the EVO-4248SP can be used for backup power should grid power fail.
The EVO-4248SP can be set up as a 120/240 split phase design to provide a continuous output power rating of 4200 Watts; in a 120 VAC single phase design, it is rated at 2100 watts. The internal charger can be programmed using the optional remote (sold separately) to charge 0 to 60 amps in 120/240 split phase design and 0 to 30 amps in 120 VAC single phase design. The unit also features an external battery charger section that allows an input voltage range of 52-60 VDC up to 100 amps.
The internal transfer switch provides seamless transfer between grid power and inverter power. When transferring from grid/generator power to the inverter, the transfer time is approximately 18ms. When grid/generator power is restored, it can switch back to those from the inverter in less than 1ms!
With the purchase of the optional remote, the internal charger features are unlocked with seven programmable charging profiles that can be customized with specific charging voltages. Six of these profiles follow a 3-Stage or 2-Stage charging suitable for Lead Acid (flooded, AGM, or Gel), Nickel-Zinc, or Lithium-Ion batteries. The last option offers 4-stage adaptive charging that includes an equalization stage for flooded lead acid batteries.PLEASE NOTE: Many electrical devices require a good deal more Watts to start or energize than are required to run once started. For instance, an electric motor may require only 900 watts to run but need may 2300 watts to start. Before purchasing please check with the manufacturer of your equipment you intend to run to obtain the minimum watts for starting the operation of the equipment or device.
- Suitable for Lead Acid (Flooded, AGM, or Gel) Batteries, Nickel-Zinc Batteries, or Lithium-Ion Batteries.
- Dual Phase: 120 / 240 VAC Split Phase: The inverter can be connected to a standard house panel to provide both 120 and 240 VAC.
- Customizable Charging when optional remote is purchased: Unit features 2-Stage, 3-Stage, or 4-Stage Charging!
- High Surge Capabilities: The unit offers 3x surge power for high surge loads.
- Temperature Controlled Cooling: The unit features five temperature sensors that control two speed-controlled cooling fans.
- 3-Year Warranty!