view large photo
Swipe Photo to View More
Samlex 48v 1500 Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter PST-1500-48
Sale Price: $581.00 - No Tax
$7.50 Flat Rate Shipping* *
This Qualifies for FLAT RATE Shipping of $7.50 per order*
Samlex reliability. 1500 watts of power. Pure sine wave. The only choice for running sensitive electronics such as computers, radios, and tools
Product InformationStore Part Number: PST-1500-48
Converts 48 Volts DC to 1500 Watts of pure sine-wave AC power at 120 Volts, 60 Hz.
PST’s high frequency switch-mode design provides clean and stable pure sine wave power. The DC input range is higher than normal with a maximum of 64 VDC for 48V models.
Samlex offers superior quality Pure Sine Wave AC-DC power inverters for many different applications. BatteryStuff.com offers PURE SINE WAVE (aka true sine wave) that provides high-end specialty users power portability for sensitive electronic equipment. The clean power delivered by a Pure Sine Wave is of the same quality and efficiency as the power provided by your utility company, which is not the case with the cheaper and more popular modified sine inverters.
The 48 volt PST series inverters can withstand dc voltages of up to 64 volts which means that they are compatible with high voltage dc charging-such as solar charging and equalization charging. The PST-1500-48 has a tempature controlled fan for cooling, and has the following built in protections: input low voltage, input over voltage, over temperature, over load, short circuit.
We highly recommend the use of Pure Sine Wave Inverters to power Computers and related peripheral devices; i.e. printers, optical drives, laser copiers, and if in doubt check with the manufacturer of your equipment.
Other devices that benefit when Pure Sine Wave power is used are variable speed control motors using solid state circuitry, Audio Amplifiers, Digital Clocks and Radios, Medical Equipment, Microwaves, etc.
- High efficiency
- 200% Surge Power
- Can be hard wired
- Temperature controlled cooling fan – reduces energy
- Low RF emissions
- Wide operating DC input range: 42.0 - 64.0 VDC
- Commercial grade design suitable for heavy duty loads, long
- periods of continuous operation & for emergency back up
- UPC – Universal Protection Circuit: low voltage, over voltage,
- over temperature, over load and short circuit.
- Low idle power draw
- Duplex GFCI protected AC outlets
- Optional remote control (sold separately): Model RC-300
- Meets UL & CSA standards, FCC compliant
PLEASE NOTE: Many electrical devices require a good deal more Watts to start or energize than is required run once started. For instance an electric motor may require only 800 watts to run but may need 2300 watts to start. Please check with the manufacturer of your equipment to obtain minimum watts for starting operation of the equipment or device.
*Flat Rate shipping is for the lower 48 states only.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 18.43 x 10.35 x 4.16 in
- Weight: 15.6 lb
- Shipping Weight: 18 lb
- Output Voltage: 120 VAC +/- 3%
- Maximum Output Current: 12.5
- Output Frequency: 60 Hz
- Type of Output Waveform: Pure Sine Wave
- Total Harmonic Distortion of Output Waveform: <3%
- Maximum Power Output Continuous (At Power Factor = 1): 1500 W
- Maximum Power Output Surge (For < 8 ms): 3000 Watts
- Peak Efficiency: 90%
- AC Output Connections: (i) NEMA5-20R GFCI Duplex Receptacle (ii) Terminal block for hardwiring: Hole diameter (4 mm / 0.16”) and Set Screw (#6 x 40TPI or M3.5 x 0.6 mm Pitch)
- Nominal DC Input Voltage: 48v
- DC Input Voltage Range: 42.0 - 64.0 VDC
- Maximum Input Current: 50 A
- DC Input Current at No Load: <0.5A
- DC Input Connections: Bolt & Nut: 5/16” x 18 TPI
- Model: PST-1500-48
- Manufacturer: Samlex
- DC Input Fuses (Internal): 5 x 10A = 50A (Each 10A, 58V, Blade Type)
- Low DC Input Voltage Alarm: 42.0V ± 0.5V
- Low DC Input Voltage Shutdown: 40.0 ± 0.5 VDC ; Auto-reset: 46.0 ± 0.5 VDC
- High DC Input Voltage Shutdown: 64.0 VDC ; Auto-reset: < 64.0 VDC
- Short Circuit Shutdown: When output voltage drops to 80V or lower for 1 to 1.5 sec
- Overload Shutdown: At overload of 110% to 115% for 2 to 2.5 sec
- Ground Fault Shutdown: Through GFCI outlets (5 to 6 mA leakage)
- Over Temperature Shutdown: 90°C ± 5°C (Sensed at internal hot spot) ; Auto reset at 65°C ± 5°C
- Reverse Polarity on DC Input Side: External / internal DC sides fuses will blow
- Wired Remote (Optional-Sold-Seperately): RC-300
- Forced Air Cooling: 2 Temperature controlled fans (Temperature is sensed at internal hot spot)
- Fan ON at 55°C ± 3°C; Fan OFF at 45°C ± 3°C :
- Safety: Meets UL Standard UL 60950-1 and CSA Standard C22.2 No.107.1-01 for Information Technology Equipment
- EMI / EMC: FCC Part 15(B), Class B
- Operating Temperature Range: -20˚C to 40˚C / -4˚F to 104˚F
- Warranty: 2-Year
- Manufacturer Part #: PST-1500-48