The Japlar Schauer 0891-113-Club is a 48V 15 Amp Club Car golf cart charging kit. The unit features the Schauer 0891-113 48v 15-amp golf cart charger and the Club Car accessory cable that includes a jumper wire to bypass the Club Car’s onboard computer/controller.
The Schauer charger is a multi-stage automatic smart charger that offers a 3-stage charging profile that charges faster and more accurately than conventional chargers.
- The first stage is the Bulk Stage which sends a Constant Current to the battery and works to recover the battery pack quickly.
- The second stage is the Absorption stage which provides a constant voltage while lowering amperage to the battery to prevent the battery from being overheated.
- The final stage is the Float Charge, which holds the battery pack at 100% ready. This stage also floats and maintains the battery pack after the initial charge.
The charger can be left on indefinitely without worrying about undercharging or overcharging the battery pack. If for some reason, the battery pack is incapable of accepting a charge, a safety timer is built into the charger’s programming to terminate the charge.
Many Club Car golf carts come with an onboard charge controller/computer that tells the OEM charger how to charge the battery pack. When switching to a charger not meant to charge through the Club Car’s controller, you must bypass the onboard controller to take advantage of the multi-stage charging many of our chargers offer.
The Schauer charger can be used worldwide! The charger automatically accepts and operates on a voltage range of 100 to 240 VAC and 50 or 60 Hz.
*Bypassing the onboard computer is simple and can be accomplished with the supplied jumper wire our Club Car cables come with. All you need to do is connect the jumper wire to the black terminal on the back of the golf cart’s plug receptacle to the last negative on your battery pack, where the ground goes to the motor and controller. This will bypass the onboard controller, thus allowing your new Smart charger to work in all its proper charge stages.
- Charger ships with integral 6 foot leads that has an SB50 Grey Connector.
- The kit includes a Club Car cable and a jumper wire to bypass the Club Car's OBC (onboard computer/controller).
- Continuous 100% duty cycle
- Optimal 3 Step Charging
- Built-in Mode Indicators
- Demand Sensing
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Over Voltage Protected
- Short Circuit Protection
- Overload Protection
- Thermal Protection
- 2 Year Warranty