The IOTA 12 Volt DLS-55 Power Converter/Battery Charger from IOTA Engineering converts nominal 108-132 AC voltage to 13.4 DC voltage for both DC load operation and 12V battery charging.
As a power supply, the unit's tightly controlled regulation allows the user to operate a nominal 12VDC load up to 55 amps.
The unit comes with a Dual Voltage Jack and when installed the DLS-55 act like a bulk battery charger delivering 14.2v and its full-rated current until the Dual Voltage Jack is removed. Please note this is not a smart charging mode and needs to be carefully monitored to prevent battery damage.
The Dual Voltage Jack Port supports optional IQ4-Smart Controllers to make the DLS-55 capable of smart charging various battery types such as Flooded, AGM, Gel, and Lithium Iron Batteries. IOTA offers a few additional IQ4-Smart Controllers available to optimize charging methods such as Parallel Charging, Extended 40-HR Bulk Charging (for Large Battery Banks), Turbo-Charging for a faster charge cycle, and Equalization Charging.The Iota Converter/Charger is a 12v Power-Supply or bulk 12v charger charging at 14.2 Volts. The unit is not a smart charger unless purchased with an optional IQ-4 Smart Controller.
- Manual Switch-mode technology
- Exceptionally clean DC output
- Tight line-load regulation
- Quickly and efficiently bulk charges batteries
- Designed to withstand low transient AC line voltage
- Current limit and thermal/overload protection
- Lower operating temperature
- Quiet fan operation
- External reverse polarity fuse protection from incorrect battery connection
- High and normal-stage charging jack via Dual Voltage Jack
- Compatible with the IOTA IQ4 Charge Controller for Smart Charging
- 2 Year Warranty