The ProStar PS-MPPT-25M is a 12v / 24v maximum power point tracking (MPPT) solar charge controller manufactured by Morningstar Corporation. The PS-MPPT-25M can handle off-grid photovoltaic (PV) solar systems up to 12-volts 350-Watts or 24-volts 700-Watts. The ProStar MPPT series solar charge controllers include load control and TrakStar Technology for maximum solar panel efficiency and energy harvesting.
The ProStar PS-MPPT-25M is compatible with Lead-Acid Flooded, AGM and Gel Cell batteries featuring seven preset profiles. The units include a custom profile option that allows you to program the solar controller via an RJ-11 port (cable not include) using Morningstar's MSView PC Software available on Morningstar’s website. The custom profile can be used to customize the charge profile to charge Lead-Acid batteries, Lithium, or NiCd batteries*.
*Please note Lithium and NiCd batteries may require a compatible Battery Management System (BMS). We recommend contacting the battery manufacturer to verify the custom profile can be programmed in line with their recommendation.Traditional controllers connect the solar module directly to the battery when recharging. This requires that the solar module operate in a voltage range that is below the module’s Vmp (Voltage at Maximum Power). In a 12 V system, the battery voltage may range from 10 - 15 Vdc but the module’s Vmp is typically around 17 V. Because traditional controllers do no operate at the Vmp of the solar array, energy is wasted that could otherwise be used to charge the battery and power system loads. The greater the difference between battery voltage and the Vmp of the module, the more energy is wasted. TrakStar MPPT technology will always operate at the Vmp resulting in less wasted energy compared to traditional controllers.
- Great Reliability - Conformally coated circuit boards and corrosion resistant terminals.
- Automatic PV Based Lighting Control - Adjustable multi-event load control for PV lighting Systems.
- Maximum Energy Harvest using TrakStar MPPT Technology
- MODBUS Communication
- SNMP Monitoring (EMC-1 accessory required)
- 256 Days of Detailed Data Logging
- Meter Unit allows adjustments to charging, lighting, and load control without a computer.
- Heat Sink Cooling - The fanless design minimizes dirt and debris from getting into the housing.
- Five-Year Warranty