The Morningstar SunSaver-10L is a high quality, extremely reliable but economically priced solar charge controller from Morningstar Corporation. Since being introduced in 1996 Morningstar Corporation has produced more than 1.5 million SunSaver controllers. The SunSaver line offers advanced PWM pulse charging algorithm, selectable battery type and temperature compensation.
The SS-10L-12V has a Load Section that features a Low Voltage Disconnect (LVD) to prevent the battery from being discharged below its charging threshold. When drawing from the load section the SunSaver will engage the low voltage disconnect if the battery voltage reaches 11.5 volts. Once the Load Low Voltage Disconnect has been enabled, the Load section will not reconnect till the battery voltage has risen to 12.6 volts.
Morningstar's reliability speaks for itself with over 1.5 million SunSaver being installed in over 90 countries for numerous solar power systems including oil/gas, telecom and instrumentation, marine and boating, and remote homes.
- Failure rate of less than 1 per 1,000 shipped (<0.1%)
- 100% solid state. Power MOSFET design
- Manufactured in an ISO 9000 factory
- 100% pre-shipment functional testing
- Advanced PWM charging
- 4-stage charging: bulk, absorption, float, equalize
- Battery Type: Choose between Sealed battery charging at 14.1v or Flooded / AGM battery charging at 14.6v.
- Temperature compensated charging
- Low voltage load disconnect
- Temperature rating of –40°C to +60°C
- Epoxy encapsulation for protection against humidity and dust ingress
- Corrosion protection: marine rated terminals and anodized aluminum case
- Certified for use in hazardous locations
- Electronic protections prevent damage from wiring mistakes
- Fully automatic operation and fault recovery
- LED’s display extensive information about status, faults and battery condition
- Five Year Warranty