The Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-30 can charge a 12v, 24v, or 48v battery pack with flooded, AGM, or gel batteries. The TriStar MPPT 150V utilizes Morningstar’s TrakStar™ Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to extract maximum power from the solar array. TrakStar™ MPPT technology has the ability to charge batteries with solar arrays of higher nominal voltages*. For example, a 12 volt battery bank may be charged with a 12, 24, 36, or 48 volt nominal off-grid solar array.
Morningstar’s TriStar TS-MPPT-30 solar charge controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging (*Ethernet Cable not included, and some features require optional accessories sold separately).
- Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers.
- Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve.
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays.
- Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels.
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans.
- No mechanical relays.
- Peak efficiency of 99%!
- Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate.
- Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar products.
- Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser or send email/text messages (*Ethernet Cable not included, and some features require optional accessories sold separately.)