view large photo
Swipe Photo to View More
Morningstar TriStar 60 Amp MPPT Professional Solar Charge Controller
Sale Price: $598.00
OR Simple-Click Checkout
Product InformationStore Part Number: TS-MPPT-60
The Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-60 can charge a 12v, 24v, or 48v battery pack with flooded, AGM, or gel batteries. The TriStar MPPT 150V utilizes Morningstar’s TrakStar™ Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to extract maximum power from the solar array. TrakStar™ MPPT technology has the ability to charge batteries with solar arrays of higher nominal voltages*. For example, a 12 volt battery bank may be charged with a 12, 24, 36, or 48 volt nominal off-grid solar array.
Morningstar’s TriStar TS-MPPT-60 solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This solar charge controller is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging (*Ethernet Cable not included, and some features require optional accessories sold separately).
- Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers.
- Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve.
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays.
- Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels.
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans.
- No mechanical relays.
- Peak efficiency of 99%!
- Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate.
- Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar products.
- Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser or send email/text messages (*Ethernet Cable not included, and some features require optional accessories sold separately.)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 11.4 x 5.1 x 5.6 in
- Weight: 9.2 lb
- Shipping Weight: 12 lb
- Optional Meters: TS-M2 & TS-RM2 (Both Sold Separately)
- Maximum Battery Current: 60 Amps
- Nominal Maximum Operating Power: 800 Watts @ 12 volts, 1600 Watts @ 24v, 3200 Watts @ 48 Volts
- Peak Efficiency: 99%
- Nominal System Voltage: 12, 24, or 48 volts DC
- Maximum PV Open Circuit Voltage: 150 Volts DC
- Battery Operating Voltage Range: 8-72 Volts DC
- Model: TS-MPPT-60
- Manufacturer: Morning Star
- Maximum Self-Consumption: 2.7 Watts
- Transient Surge Protection: 4500 Watts/port
- Battery Charging Algorithm: 4-Stage
- Charging Stages: Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
- Temperature Compensation Coefficient: -5mV/°C/cell (25° ref)
- Temperature Compensation Range: -30°C to +80°C
- Temperature Compensation Set Points: Absorption, Float, Equalize, HVD
- Ambient Temperature: -40°C to 45°C
- Humidity: 100% non-condensing
- Warranty: 5-Year
- Manufacturer Part #: TS-MPPT-60
- Made In: Taiwan